Please do not use the post code, 24360, as it covers a large area.
Our geo co-ordinates are:
- If your satnav uses degrees / minutes / seconds:
- Longitude 0 43 43.86 E, Latitude 45 39 27.34 N.
- If your satnav uses decimal degrees: Longitude +0.7289, Latitude +45.6576
Getting Here From Calais
- Take the A16 signposted to Abbeville (part toll road)
- Just before Abbeville take the A28 signposted Rouen (toll road)
- Next take the A13 right in the direction of Le Havre, Caen and Le Mans
- After a few miles take the A28 to Le Mans and then Tours (toll road)
- At Tours join the A10 South towards Poitiers (toll road)
- Just South of Poitiers, take the N10 in the direction of Angouleme
- Turn off the N10 just north of Mansle, head into Mansle, take D6 to La Rochefoucauld
- Entering La Rochefoucauld take D6 to Montbron
- At Montbron continue on the D699 to St Mathieu.
- At St Mathieu turn right then right again onto the D675 South towards Piegut Pluviers.
- After about 3 miles, you will see a small turning on your right signposted ‘C208 to Les Brousses. Turn right here.
- After 200 metres you will reach a small crossroads, turn right here and you will see our cottages. There is a white stone parking area on the right. We live on the left, in the converted barn with the “Les Arbres” bike
The distance from Calais is 490 miles and driving time is about 7 hours (plus stops!). This route is fairly quiet (especially compared to driving via Paris). We believe this is the quickest route but it does have tolls of around 40 euro in total.
For advice about driving in France we recommend: http://www.rac.co.uk/travel/driving-abroad/countries/france/ Please note that it is obligatory to carry hi-vis vests, a warning triangle and a breathalyser kit in your car. These can usually be bought at Channel Ports. Also, watch out for speed cameras on autoroutes – there is an instant fine of about 90 euros and the police will follow you to a cash machine if you do not have the cash!
Flights Into The Area
We are 50 minutes drive from Limoges Airport, 2 hours from Bergerac and 2.5 hours from Bordeaux.